We are currently experiencing an issue with our volunteer registration system that may not allow users to proceed past the waiver, and we're working toward a speedy resolution. For the time being, please call Courtney DuBulis at 704.716.7078 to register for a volunteer shift. Thank you for your patience!
PLEASE NOTE: Habitat Charlotte has a new volunteer portal and registration system! An active volunteer account is required to register for construction shifts. To log into your existing account or to create a new account go to the VOLUNTEER LOG-IN WEBPAGE. If you are a new volunteer, click "New User" to create a new account. If you are an existing user/returning volunteer and have not reset your password since early June 2016, you will first have to reset your password by clicking the "Forgot Your Password?" option. You will receive an email prompting you to reset your password (check your Junk or Spam folders if you do not see it in your Inbox!). Once you have an active account, click the orange button below!
- GENERAL INFORMATION
- Habitat Charlotte partners with volunteers of all skill levels. No prior construction experience necessary!
- Construction volunteers must be 16 or older (see below for more information).
- Online registration is necessary for all construction volunteer shifts. See below for more information.
- CLICK HERE for additional volunteer information (ex. what to wear/bring, inclement weather plan, etc.).
- "RELEASE OF LIABILITY" WAIVER
- Every volunteer must submit one RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER each fiscal year (July 1 - June 30).
- You will be prompted to read & electronically sign a waiver while registering for a volunteer shift.
- AGE REQUIREMENT
- All construction volunteers must be at least 16-years-old; no exceptions.
- Some tasks have an 18-or-older policy (roof work; some vinyl siding shifts; etc.). The age requirement is specified for each shift.
- Task restrictions for 16 & 17 year old volunteers:
- Cannot work at heights 6 feet & above (no roof work!)
- Cannot use power tools
- Cannot participate in demolition tasks or crawl space work
- In addition to the RELEASE OF LIABILITY WAIVER, all 16 & 17 year old volunteers must submit a hard copy of the MINOR RELEASE WAIVER completed by a parent/guardian. This must be printed out and brought on the day of the volunteer shift.
- COURT-ORDERED or LAWYER RECOMMENDED COMMUNITY SERVICE
- ADDITIONAL HELPFUL CONSTRUCTION INFORMATION:
- CLICK HERE for task descriptions.
- CLICK HERE to view a Habitat for Humanity Construction Safety Video.
- ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS
- Rachel Eldridge, Volunteer Services Manager
- Courtney DuBulis, Construction Volunteer Coordinator
- Volunteer Assistant