What We Do:
Habitat Charlotte strives for a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Read more about our Mission.
Five Fast Facts About Habitat Charlotte:
- Habitat Charlotte was established in 1983 through the initiative of seven local churches.
- More than 1,450 low-income families have been served with affordable housing by Habitat Charlotte since then.
- Habitat homeowners purchase their homes with a no-interest monthly mortgage and 300 hours of their own sweat equity.
- Habitat Charlotte homeowners have paid a collective total of $13.8 million in property taxes since 1983.
- Habitat Charlotte builds new houses with community volunteers, and also completes urgent, critical repairs to older, owner-occupied homes.