Habitat Critical Home Repair (CHR) provides urgent, major repairs at a discounted rate to keep homeowners safe and warm, and from being displaced from their homes. In addition, our work helps preserve Charlotte's affordable housing stock.
Critical Home Repair addresses health and safety concerns in several areas of the home. They include, but are not limited to:
- Unsafe roofing or flooring
- Lack of heat
- Electrical hazards
- Plumbing hazards
Each category has its own low-payment plan based on the total cost of the materials required. The category of repairs will be determined after an initial inspection.
Habitat Critical Home Repair serves homeowners in Charlotte who:
- Have household incomes at or fall below 60% of HUD median income (click here to view current HUD income requirements)
- Have paid their property taxes paid in full
- Are not in danger of a foreclosure on their home.
- Homeowner must own (name on title) and live in the home.
- Have a Tax Assessment Building Value less than $100,000
Please call our Critical Home Repair Hotline at 704.716.5639 for more information.