Habitat Critical Home Repair (CHR) provides urgent, major repairs at a discounted rate to keep homeowners safe and warm, and from being displaced from their homes. In addition, our work helps preserve Charlotte's affordable housing stock.
Critical Home Repair addresses health and safety concerns in several areas of the home. They include, but are not limited to:
- Unsafe roofing or flooring
- Lack of heat
- Electrical hazards
- Plumbing hazards
Each category has its own low-payment plan based on the total cost of the materials required. The category of repairs will be determined after an initial inspection.
Habitat Critical Home Repair serves homeowners in Charlotte who:
- Have household incomes at or fall below 60% of HUD median income
- Have paid their property taxes paid in full
- Are not in danger of a foreclosure on their home.
- Homeowner must own (name on title) and live in the home.
- Have a Tax Assessment Building Value less than $100,000
Please note that Habitat Charlotte has received the Urgent Repair Program grant funded by the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency to repair 14 homes by December 31, 2017. Applications to the Critical Home Repair Program received through August 1, 2017 will be considered for this funding source.
Please call our Critical Home Repair Hotline at 704.716.5639 for more information.