Thanks for your interest in working with Habitat Charlotte!
Do you want a career where you get to work with great people and enjoy knowing that what you do benefits an organization that makes a positive difference in your community?
Vice President, Family Services
Habitat Charlotte is searching for a VP of Family Services. The VP of Family Services serves as a member of the senior staff with direct oversight of the Family Services Department, providing services for families seeking homeownership and critical home repairs, as well as ongoing support services. This position provides leadership to 10+ staff, including two AmeriCorps members, responsible for family selection and support, mortgage underwriting and servicing, homebuyer education, home sales, Neighborhood Revitalization and community partnerships.
- Provide strategic direction and management of the Family Services Department
- Provide staff support to the Family Services Committee and Board of Directors
- Establish and oversee budget for the Family Services Department
- Establish and monitor department policies and procedures in compliance with federal, state, and local laws
- Oversee Neighborhood Revitalization program (NR)
- Oversee mortgage servicing and collection activities
- Establish impact measurement processes and analysis to measure impact of homeownership
Construction Volunteer Coordinator
This person will oversee day-to-day interactions and activities for Habitat Charlotte's prospective and existing construction volunteers. With the responsibility of managing more than 7,500 volunteers annually, this role requires an organized leader who can cultivate, support and steward a growing base of constituents. The Construction Volunteer Coordinator will focus on:
- Recruiting and engaging participants for Habitat builds
- Collaborating across various departments to organize volunteer activities
- Providing orientation and training for volunteers
- Leading volunteer appreciation tasks and events
This position plays an integral role in meeting Habitat Charlotte's Strategic Plan goal of increasing the number of volunteers and donors by 20% by 2020. This position will work with the ReStore Volunteer Coordinator and the Volunteer Services Manager as a team to foster a consistent, professional, volunteer experience across the affiliate. The work schedule for this position is Tuesday – Saturday.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Self-motivated and directed
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Managing multiple priorities
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission and ministry of Habitat Charlotte
- Computer skills including database management and web management
Donations Warehouse/Dock Worker (Charlotte ReStore)
Compensation: $9-12/hour, plus an incentive pay program
Employment Type: Part-time
Habitat Charlotte is searching for someone to assist our ReStore customers in unloading donated items, loading purchased items; responsibilities also include keeping the back room and donation dock organized.
The principal responsibilities include ensuring that each customer and donor receives outstanding service, safe and prompt loading and unloading of their merchandise and donations; safe and prompt loading and unloading of organization's trucks; use of safe procedures while moving merchandise to and from the sales floor; informing customers of what we can accept as donations and refer them to alternative charities for those things we cannot accept.
The successful candidate will have experience in customer service, the ability to move and lift at least 75 lbs. with assistance, the ability to climb in and out of a truck multiple times throughout an 8-hour workday, the ability to work outdoors in all climates, and the ability to be a certified forklift operator.
This is a part-time position with an estimated time commitment of 20-25 hours/week, including weekend work.
There are currently no open AmeriCorps or internship positions.
Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte is an equal opportunity employer.