Thanks for your interest in working for Habitat Charlotte!
Do you want a career where you get to work with great people and enjoy knowing that what you do benefits an organization that makes a positive difference in your community?
ReStore Manager (Wendover Rd. Location)
Are you obsessed with assisting customers, managing others and leading a growing operation? Does creative and innovative merchandising come naturally for you? Would you like to work in a fast-pace retail environment while giving back to your community in a meaningful way? If yes, then we've got a job for you. Habitat for Humanity Charlotte Wendover ReStore is based in the Cotswold area and we are seeking the right individual to take the reins as store manager. We're a unique retail operation without the usual long work hours. Our motto is work hard while enjoying a good work-life balance.
The ideal candidate is a talented individual with a customer-service personality and who offers the retail management expertise that we need to take the store to the next level. The Wendover location is recognized as one of the top Habitat ReStores in the nation. The manager will direct a daily staff of 40-plus personnel including both employees and volunteers, and will also work closely with the staff of Habitat Charlotte.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and retaining employees.
- Maintain the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining open communications with the volunteer network.
- Provide a safe and clean environment for customers, volunteers and employees.
- Building relationships within the community via face-to-face interactions and through social media.
What We Require:
- Background in Retail Management including customer service, merchandising, inventory management, workplace safety, shrink controls and other related disciplines.
- Strong communication skills.
- Result-driven leader who can unite his or her team.
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments.
- Creativity and flexibility.
- Interest in nonprofit management and community development.
- HAVE FUN while leading your team and serving customers.
Barista (Julia's Café & Books)
Be a barista who makes a difference in your community! Habitat Charlotte is searching for a part-time barista for Julia's Café & Books, a fundraising arm of Habitat for Humanity. The ideal candidate will have plenty of energy, an excellent work ethic, a great attitude and a big, welcoming smile. Responsibilities include coffee and espresso drink preparation, operating a point-of-sale register system and overall maintenance of the coffee shop.
This is a part-time position with some Saturday work required. The successful candidate will have excellent customer service, cash handling and communication skills, and must also be able to occasionally lift and apply pressure of at least 30 pounds. Previous barista/food service experience is preferred.
A clean background check is required and the candidate must pass a drug test. Habitat for Humanity Charlotte is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Donations Warehouse/Dock Worker (Charlotte ReStore)
Compensation: $9-12/hour, plus an incentive pay program
Employment Type: Part-time
Habitat Charlotte is searching for someone to assist our ReStore customers in unloading donations, loading purchases, keeping the back room and donation dock organized.
The principal responsibilities include ensuring that each customer and donor receives outstanding service, safe and prompt loading and unloading of their merchandise and donations; safe and prompt loading and unloading of organization's trucks; use of safe procedures while moving merchandise to and from the sales floor; informing customers of what we can accept as donations and refer them to alternate stores for those things we do not accept.
The successful candidate will have experience in customer service, the ability to move and lift at least 75 lbs with assistance, the ability to climb in and out of a truck multiple times throughout an 8-hour workday, the ability to work outdoors in all climates and the ability to be certified on a forklift.
This is a part-time position with an estimated time commitment of 20-25 hours/week, including weekend work.
Now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 service year! Please visit our AmeriCorps page for more details about the positions, program and instructions for applying!
Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte is an equal opportunity employer.