A world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Seeking to put God's love into action, Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
Our Core Values:
- We are a Christian ministry grounded in the teachings and love of Jesus Christ.
- We welcome and serve people of all faiths.
- Families and Home Ownership
- We believe that home ownership transforms lives, promotes dignity and enhances self-esteem.
- We invest in the long-term success of our partner families and neighborhoods.
- Building and Volunteerism
- We provide opportunities for people and organizations to experience the power of working together to transform lives and improve the quality of life in our community.
- We celebrate the passion of our volunteers and donors and strive to provide a rewarding volunteer experience.
- We value a community where all people have an affordable place to call home and we advocate on behalf of those who need safe, decent shelter.
- We are committed to the highest level of accountability to our donors, partner families and our community.
- We value diversity and strive to represent it through all aspects of our organization.
- Ethical Leadership
- We value the dedication of our Board of Directors and staff and hold them to the highest ethical standards as they work to achieve our mission.
- We encourage and embrace innovative practices.
- We value our partnership with Habitat for Humanity International and actively support its global mission.
- We support our long-term partnership with Habitat for Humanity of El Salvador.
All are welcome
Habitat for Humanity of Charlotte has an open-door policy: All who believe that everyone needs a decent, affordable place to live are welcome to help with the work, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people. In short, Habitat welcomes volunteers and supporters from all backgrounds and also serves people in need of decent housing regardless of race or religion. As a matter of policy, Habitat for Humanity International and its affiliated organizations do not proselytize. This means that Habitat will not offer assistance on the expressed or implied condition that people must either adhere to or convert to a particular faith, or listen and respond to messaging designed to induce conversion to a particular faith.
Key accomplishments at a glance:
- For fiscal year 2012-2013, more than 92% of every dollar received went to fund affordable housing programs
- Habitat Charlotte has consistently received a coveted 4-Star rating by Charity Navigator for the organization's corporate and fiscal responsibility and management
- Habitat Charlotte was named an Affiliate of Distinction for 2013-2015 by Habitat for Humanity International
- In 2012 Habitat Charlotte was recognized by Habitat International as having the top ReStore operation in the nation
- Habitat Charlotte homeowners have paid cumulative property taxes totaling more than $11.5 million to the City of Charlotte